Monday 18 January 2010

Trying out custom Visual Effects

Finally getting to the "finishing" touches of Innodil's Pocket Plane. I was hoping to polish up the actual teleport ability with some nifty visual effects but just couldn't get anything decent out of the VFX editor :) But thanks to kzelsama from Baldur's Gate II Redux, who freed up some of his time to create this pretty portal effect for me and allowed me to use it, I took a first shot at it.

And here's a little video to show it off ;-)

Note that the recording is not too smooth (I had the toolset and stuff running, not smart, I know) but anyway, it's just to give an idea of where this is going... Let me know if you like it! The plan is to also have a "closing portal" effect running when you arrive at your location in the Pocket Plane. But that's still in the make, I'll keep you posted on progress.

5 comments:

Please note that I will only provide limited support in the comments section. If you need help, please check the "discussions" tab on the Project site.